Cary, NC Estate Planning Attorney
Call Now! 919-900-4720
Trusted Cary, NC Estate Planning Attorney
It's difficult to discuss what will happen to your family and your assets after you're no longer here. Your family is the most important part of your life and your planning today can bring them comfort and piece of mind in your absence. Unfortunately, some people don't even consider creating an estate plan until they experience the agony of sorting through the belongings of a family member who has passed. An Estate Planning Session can help put your mind at ease and make sure your family is protected in the future.
What Can Estate Planning Do for You?
PROTECT YOUR FAMILY
- Who will take care of your kids if you're in an accident? Do you know? Plan ahead and appoint guardians for your children.
- As a parent himself, Paul understands the need to take any step necessary to provide safety and security for your children should something unexpected happen.
PROTECT YOUR ASSETS
- You worked hard to earn what you have - protect it from creditors and divorce.
PROTECT YOUR BUSINESS
- Don't let your business die with you. With proper planning, your family, a business partner, or a key employee can continue to run the business during your disability or after you pass.
- Probate expenses, and paying an attorney to administer your will, can deplete your estate faster than anything else. Proper planning can help you avoid this unnecessary costs - we'll show you how.
LEAVE A LEGACY
- Contribute more than just wealth to your family - leave them with your thoughts, wisdom, traditions, advice, and family history. That's what families are built on and that's what will help your family continue on after you're gone.
- Not all estate planning is for after death. Proper planning can allow others to help you if you become disabled.
AVOID OR MINIMIZE TAXES
- Estate taxes are not the only burden your family can face by inheriting your assets - the income tax and basis ramifications of specific types of asset distributions can be devastating if not planned properly.
HELP WITH THE PROBATE PROCESS
- The probate process in North Carolina is difficult - a Cary, NC Probate Attorney can take that burden off of your shoulders and help your family through an already difficult time.
- Will- or trust-based planning can effectively distribute assets to your heirs however you intend - taking the decision out of the hands of the Court.